Fire- Common Causes


Statistics suggest that most of the household fires can be controlled, but being unprepared costs a fortune. Here are some common causes of fire:

Faulty Wiring:

Faulty wiring is one of the common causes of fire. Double adapters overload power points which can trigger fire. Safety switches and fuses should be installed in your house and office.


Smoking is not only injurious to health but it can also cause fire, especially smoking in bed. Tiny clinkers can escape your attention and burst into flames.

Kids Playing with Fire:

All kids should be forewarned against playing with fire or objects that could cause it to come about. They should stay hands off from matches, lighters, candles, gasoline, stove or electric sockets. They should also be trained that they inform an adult, in case they notice fire breaking out anywhere around.


Adults should never leave candles unattended. Candles should be away from curtains and other clothes. Blow off the candle before you are all set to catch some z’s.

Flammable Items:

Petrol, Kerosene and spirits should always be stored in a safe place. Also read about the usage and storage of the liquids.

Points to Remember- Fire equipment in working condition should be in your house at all times. Inspect your fire equipment on a regular basis, so that dysfunctional parts can be replaced if required.

Fire- Common Causes
Scroll to top
0415 123 848 Quick Enquiry